RAILING COURSE: CABLE RAILING SYSTEMS
Designing for Building Code Compliance, Maximum Aesthetic Effect and Sustainability
Sponsored by Atlantis Rail Systems
This course provides an overview of general and specific cable railing requirements and best practices to assure code compliance, maximize aesthetic effect and sustainable performance. The course provides an in-depth explanation of stainless steel material selection, safety considerations and code compliance considerations. You will learn how stainless works in the environment and the key considerations in specifying a cable railing system.
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Identify key design criteria in specifying stainless steel cable railings.
- Identify code compliance criteria for cable railing systems.
- Define stainless steel material for proper selection in adverse environmental conditions.
- Learn the advantages of available processes that can be used to increase sustainability of a stainless steel cable railing system.
- Develop ideas for creatively using and integrating cable railing into design projects.
- Identity the multiple materials that can be used with stainless steel.
Learning at your own pace:
You can take this course and follow along at your own pace. Speed up, slow down, or stop now and finish later.
You may take the test upon completion of the course and submit it for credit.
You will receive verification of completion and continuing education credit via e-mail.
This course provides 1.00 AIA/CES Learning Unit. Completing the AIA Course is required for credit.
Course Number: ATL003